Will Machado hit for power?

Fired-Up

It's an interesting question because we keep hearing how he is a 5 tool player. But does he have power? He had 10 homers in the minors. His bat speed is not that impressive either. He really isn't that big. Although you don't have to be huge to hit homers, it helps.

I remember after Markakis' 23 HR season it was a given in my mind that he would turn into a 35 HR guy. It never happened.

Will Machado ever hit 35 HR's? He reminds me a lot of a right handed Markakis.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an interesting question because we keep hearing how he is a 5 tool player. But does he have power? He had 10 homers in the minors. His bat speed is not that impressive either. He really isn't that big. Although you don't have to be huge to hit homers, it helps.

I remember after Markakis' 23 HR season it was a given in my mind that he would turn into a 35 HR guy. It never happened.

If he turns out to be a GG caliber 3rd or SS then if he only hits .295 with 16 bombs a year. I guess I will take that. Its way better than the crap we have been running out there.

His bat does not look quick. Mark Reynolds has a quick bat. Cano has a quick bat.

Machado has plus bat speed. How many games have you watched him play?

I didn't think you could understand something less than you understand rudimentary statistics, but in fact you just might.

He's...barely...20. Let him develop into a player before making snap judgments about a not-close-to-fully-developed 20 year old.

You're not a troll, I recognize that; but enjoy the kid, dude. My question to you is - if he doesn't become a 35 home run guy....so what?

He's...barely...20. Let him develop into a player before making snap judgments about a not-close-to-fully-developed 20 year old.

You're not a troll, I recognize that; but enjoy the kid, dude. My question to you is - if he doesn't become a 35 home run guy....so what?

Because the Orioles desperately need a superstar.

Archived